This page serves as a guide for those looking to find employment in McLean County . There are also resources available on this page for those facing unemployment and questions concerning their workplace in light of COVID-19.
The Illinois Department of Employment Security and The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity have partnered to launch the Get Hired Illinois Portal. Job leads and resources for the unemployed can be found by clicking here.
Search for Employment Opportunities in McLean County:
- McLean County Chamber of Commerce Community Job Board
- Illinois Job Link
- Illinois Worknet Jobfinder
- IDHS Division of Rehabilitation Services
Find Employment Resources to help with your job search or professional & personal development:
Career Link 16: Offers free individualized job search assistance for eligible applicants. Eligible applicants include those who have had a fairly low income over the past six months; or have lost a job within the past four year due to a business closure, lack or work, or honorable military discharge; or were dependent upon the income of a spouse and have lost access to the income in the past four years.
McLean County Contact Information: 309.807.1386 or https://careerlinkil.com/.
Services Provided through Career Link 16 to eligible applicants:
· Job Search Assistance
· Resume Review and Cover Letter Review and Development
· Interview Guidance
Apply for Career Services Assistance Here: https://www.careerlink16.com/career-services-application/
Goodwill Career Center: Can assist with resumes and employment information, along with filing for unemployment virtually by email or phone. Services are limited due to access.
McLean County Contact: Ursula Tone-Loercher, Career Coach
Goodwill is also offering online training programs that include:
- Skills To Succeed Academy: www.s2sacademy.org an employability training program that can help individuals with interviewing skills and creating a resume along with several other topics pertaining to employment. (Flyer Attached)
- GCFLEARNFREE: www.gcflearnfree.org individuals can watch tutorials and learn new computer skill or upgrade skills on an array of programs. There are also career planning, workplace skills, and work life video tutorials as well.
Illinois WorkNet: Provides resources ranging from topics such as layoff assistance to training and from job openings to career exploration.
Next Step Financial Opportunity Center at MCCA: provides employment counseling – including job training and placement; one-on-one financial coaching, credit counseling, and education in Bloomington, IL.
Heartland Community College: Continuation Education department provides Professional Development and Work Ready Programs to help further development skills to succeed.
Employment Agencies to help you find your next opportunity:
- Abbey Placements, LLC
- Adecco Employment Services
- Express Employment Services
- Illinois Department of Human Services – Division of Rehab Services
- Kelly Services
- People Ready
- Pride Staff
- Randstad US
- STL Business and Technology Solutions
- Tradesman International, LLC
COVID-19 Specific Resources: