Business Management and Admnistration is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of business organizations, whether managing the company as an owner, executive, receptionist or helping to support the business as an admnistrative assistant.
Check out the Illinois State Board of Education Career Guide to explore career paths!
Is this for me?
- Decision maker
- Strong communicator
- Good at numbers
Job Facts and Wages
- $142, 387- $40, 545 per year
- Regularly work with a group or as part of a team
- Often work indoors. Rarely work outdoors unless they are playing golf with clients or attending outdoor events.
Skills and Trainings
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Think of original, unusual, or creative ways to solve problems.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work.
- Go back and fourth between two or more activities or sources of information without being confused.
- Decide how to spend money to get the work done and keep track of how the money was used.
- Solve problems by bringing others to discuss differences.
Source: Illinois Pathways