Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources workers produce and sell a variety of products ranging from food to raw materials, and also help manage our environment. Agribusinesses produce livestock, field crops, and fruit and vegetable produce, along with processing these products and marketing therm for consumers to purchase.
Check out the Illinois State Board of Education Career Guide to explore career paths!
Is this for Me?
- Likes problem-sovling
- Enjoys using technology
- Likes to help people
- Wants a high-impact job
- Likes to work with data
- Likes animals or plants
jobs facts and wages
- $89,964- $27, 047 per year
- May work part time or full time.
- Sometimes wear protective attire, such as gloves and work boots.
Skills and Trainings
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
- Use math skills to solve problems.
- Teach others to do something.
- Operate and control equipment.
- Watch gauges, dials, and output to make sure a machine is working properly
Source: Illinois Pathways