Finance is in the business of money. Banks loan money to individuals and business, and offer a place for you to keep your money safe and earn interest. Financial service companies help you manage and grow your money.
Check out the Illinois State Board of Education Career Guide to explore career paths!
is this for me?
- Strong math skills
- Good communicator
- Detailed oriented
- Project management skills
Job Facts and Wages
- $129, 833- $38, 241 per year
- May work part-time or full-time. Most work full time
- Often work indoors
Skills and Trainings
- Manage the time of self and others
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work
- Recognize the nature of a problem
- Think of new ideas about a topic
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
Source: Illinois Pathways