Computers can be found today in almost every home, business, and industry. The demand for people with information technology involves developing and maintaining computer systems and applications for individuals and organizations to conduct their everyday business.
Check out the Illinois State Board of Education Career Guide to explore career paths!
Is this for me?
- Computer skills
- Good at math
- Attention to detail
- Patience and persistence
- Customer service
jobs facts and wages
- $99,687-$50,919 per year
- May sit for long periods of time.
- May work long hours to solve critical or meet deadlines.
skills and trainings
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- Use math skills to solve problems.
- Write computer programs.
- Imagine how something will look if its is moved around or its part are rearranged.
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Teach others how to do something
Source: Illinois Pathways